For over 25 years, the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project (PAIR) has been a nationally recognized pro bono model that provides free legal services to asylum-seekers and to promote the rights of detained immigrants. PAIR provides hope and a new beginning to asylum-seekers, torture survivors and immigration detainees.
Formed in 1989, PAIR continues to be committed to providing legal services, without charge, to asylum seekers and immigration detainees. The help we offer through our programs includes:
- Legal representation of asylum and detention clients
- Legal representation of immigration detainees for release on bond
- Know Your Rights Presentations to community members and individuals in immigration detention centers
- Recruiting, training and mentoring of volunteer attorneys
- Referrals to reduced-fee immigration attorneys
For more information on PAIR’s work and how we measure success, see PAIR at a Glance.